I am looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join a small tech team and contribute to the success of the business. The role will involve developing our builder (authoring) & trafficker (distribution) tools from a back end perspective.
Although not essential, you will have experience in the industry with either a publisher, creative agency or media agency background.
The role requirements are;
• One to three years general programming experience
• Proven experience in web development using the Ruby on Rails web application framework
• At least two years Ruby on Rails programming experience
• Thorough understanding of the philosophy and design of Ruby on Rails
• Desktop publishing skills: HTML, xHTML, CSS
• Knowledge of:
• Unix and Linux systems
• Relational databases: Postgres, etc.
• Frameworks: Active record, Merb, Datamapper
• Technologies: Mootools, Lucene, Solr
• Servers: Ubuntu, Montgrel, Webrick, Apache
• Highly preferred experience:
• Ability to work with the Rackspace, Amazon EC2, S3, Heroku, and EBS services
• Cookbook, Capistrano and Chef
• NoSQL databases: MongoDB & Redis
• Git, SVN
• BSc in a computer science-related discipline
• Proactive and resourceful person who achieves with minimal oversight
• Team player with the ability and desire to become an integral part of a fast-paced team