I am looking for a Technical Lead for a well know global advertising agency in central London, the role will act as a Senior level Developer within the Creative Technology department; a confident back end expert with people skills and above all a massive drive to try new things, push the boundaries, and produce prototypes and production level code that ensure that all web work delivered to the highest standard.
- Developing production level code for clients
- Set up and management of long term infrastructure as well as rapid campaign-based solutions
- Rapid prototyping of web-based ideas for all devices
- Keeping the team and agency as a whole up to speed on the latest technologies
- Providing an appropriate mix of creativity and reality to inform clients and other members of the team in brainstorming sessions etc
- Liaison with technical representatives of clients and partner agencies
- Liaison with all delivery team members
- Leading a team of Junior/mid-weight developers
- Outrageously good at open source back end development – PHP, databases, servers, web services, frameworks such as Laravel
- Happy working in a rapidly changing and occasionally pressured environment
- Able to turn around very quickly a proof of concept to prove a point
- Able to produce production level code and server environments that are stable and robust through:
o AWS hosting
o Load balancing
- Ability to explain technical opportunities and challenges to clients and other members of staff in clear, non-technical language
- Ability to quickly assess technical feasibility of proposed solutions taking into account time and cost constraints
- Experience in e-commerce platforms
- Knowledge of other languages a benefit such as native mobile languages
- A great portfolio of beautifully crafted and varied work for a range of clients (and types of client)
- Experience of working in small, rapidly changing agency environments; experience of larger agencies an advantage too
- Experienced in full web project life cycle including thorough understanding of discovery and specification and all necessary flavours of testing (functionality, usability, load, regression)
Ideally you will need to be able to show examples of projects and work at the interview.
At least 7yrs agency experience.