I am looking for a DevOps engineer to join my clients existing team and help them roll out, monitor, scale and optimise their systems.
Working with support lead, the backend development team and system administrator you’ll ensure that developers can start working on new projects quickly, environments can be spun up and torn down with ease, and deployments to production are quick, smooth and reliable. On running systems you’ll know where the bottlenecks are and how to squeeze a bit more performance out of our infrastructure, and how to keep systems up and running under load.
We have teams working on front end web, iOS, and Android and routinely work in tight cross-disciplinary teams to share knowledge and skills across a range of technologies irrespective of coding background.
- Design, set up and maintain deployment systems
- Design, set up and interrogate system monitoring
- Improve and optimise existing system infrastructure
- Implement best-practice access control and system security
- Work with development teams to identify and resolve uptime, performance and scalability issues
- Communicate with multi-disciplinary internal and external teams
- Take ownership of problems and get stuff done
- Stay up to date with the latest technology developments and be prepared to present them internally and to clients
- Demonstrable investigative and problem solving skills
- Amazon Web Services (especially EC2 & RDS)
- At least one scripting or system orchestration language
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu)
- Relational database admin (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
- Working iteratively with regular delivery (especially continuous delivery)
- Git (or another DVCS)
Would be great if you knew about these:?
- Vagrant (or other virtual machine tools)
- Jenkins (or other continuous integration tools)
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.